What the Millennials Want: Food Preference Trend 2018
by Ordering, on Dec 20, 2017 3:18:18 AM
Fun & True Fact
According to Forbes, the millennials in the US are aged between 19 and 35 years, and they form the “biggest chunk of the American workforce.” Interestingly, good food makes them happy and helps them deal with the hurdles and headwinds of a stressful life. Now it is the responsibility of the restaurant owners to cope with their preferences and offer them exactly what they need. They can enlist help from these food habits of the millennials mentioned below and get started with their selling strategies.
So what kind of food the millennials prefer:
● A recent study on food and drink trends 2018 by a global market research and market insight firm Mintel claims, consumers are seeking more routine relief from stress in “permissible indulgence.” This means they are heading to losing the habit of feasting every now and then to habitual better-for-you treats.
● Does your restaurant serve food that’s not only good to taste but also drool-worthy for the eyes? If not, then it’s high time you give it serious thought. The millennials are the social media generation who gives importance to the sensory appeal to the eyes, nose, and mouth alike, and they prefer their food are share-worthy on Instagram or Facebook.
● The health-conscious millennials prefer freshly served organic food. They pay heed to every nitty-gritty of the food they are served. For instance, they might ask you if the salad greens are fresh and organic or how many calories they might consume, etc.
● Everyone loves to eat food that has the right ingredients per their taste and preference. They prefer the restaurants that give them the flexibility to choose the ingredients for their pasta, pizza, noodles, etc. Here’s a tip: Make pamphlets and offer options which they can tick mark per their taste, and you can use those ingredients in the recipe.
● Don’t forget to make it social. Social media channels like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter have proven track record of reaching out to maximum food aficionados and influencing the millennials.
● Every millennial will look for best food options nearby. Help them find you by working on the Google Ads based on geotargeting options.